A couple of weeks ago Pitchfork revealed their People’s List, an interactive list of the best albums that have been released since the site’s formation in 1996. Their database to pull from was extensive, and if there was something you wanted to add to your own list but they didn’t have it, you could just add it yourself.
So I got the team together and we fleshed out our top 100 albums from 1996-2011 over the course of the last seven days, but instead of just making the list I went one further and created a Spotify playlist of all 100 albums on our list, in order, from 1-100, which you can listen to below (if you have Spotify). They cap the size of the playlists to 1,000 song so I made an extra playlist of the last 302.
You can check out our entire 100 list on Pitchfork, check out the top 10 below, or just get stuck into the Spotify playlist and spend the next week being awesome. Let us know what you think of our list and share your own with us.
- Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)
- Radiohead - OK Computer (1997)
- Daft Punk - Homework (1997)
- The Avalanches - Since I Left You (2000)
- Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea (1998)
- Burial - Untrue (2007)
- Radiohead - Kid A (2000)
- Belle and Sebastian - If You’re Feeling Sinister (1996)
- The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin (1999)
- LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver (2007)